Poisoned Beer Kills 52 in Mozambique

double mountain pale death IPA

What a horrible tragedy!  52 people attending a wake in Mozambique (Africa) died after drinking pombe, a traditional Mozambican beer made from millet or maize meal.  The pombe was probably contaminated with crocodile bile.

Now this is really bad news.  Who goes to a wake and poisons people?!  And worse, who would use beer as the vehicle of that poison?!!  It’s outrageous and unconscionable.  (and btw, who knew crocodile bile was that deadly?!)

At least we can rest easy that our corporate beer overlords were probably not involved in this fiasco. It does them no good to kill their customers.  At least not before taking control of their lives and draining their bank accounts…